Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Book Review: The Organized Home Schooler

As a home school mom of four, in our 12Th year of schooling....I was please to have a chance to review the new book by Vicki Caruana, The Organized Home Schooler. You see-home schoolers are known for their love of books...and I am no exception. I love books. I have books about every topic imaginable...my children think it is hilarious that I even have books on how to read books...you see- this could create a problem...where to store the books. Vicki gives many examples on how to store and organize everything related to homeschooling, from glue to portfolios...you name it and she covers it. I found the book to be an easy read with many examples on different ways to organize. It is not a book that goes into a detailed explanation on the how to of each method, but more of a guide on what each system could accomplish. Vicky does a very nice job of gently reminding us that our God is a God of order and design, and if we keep this in mind, we can create a tidy space for each of our little artists that gives structure and still breads creativity. Very nice book Vicki...now with your inspiration I just have to find another spot on my bookshelf to place my book! Many thanks to www.crossway.org/blog for the opportunity to review this book. I am under no obligation to provide a positive review, my opinions are my own.

No comments: