Saturday, November 20, 2010

Homosexuality and the Christian

Mark A Yarhouse, PsyD has written an excellent book dealing with the topic of Homosexuality and the Christian. I went into the book wondering how he was going to address the arguments that you find commonly debated when dealing with Homosexuality and the Christian perspective. I was pleasantly surprised and really found the book an excellent resource. I found the chapter on sexual identity interesting while giving a clear understanding of the different types of sexual desires as he outlined biblical perspective and responsibility without repeating the scriptures that are typically used. I found the book to be a non-threatening book on this sensitive topic, for people on both sides of the issue. I would highly recommend this book and I believe that if you are in church ministry this would be a wonderful resource as it steers people away from the typical debates and gives a clear understanding of how to progress where our society is presently at. I would give this book 4 stars. I received this book for purpose of review from Bethany House Publishers.

No comments: